Before i show you the steps, below is a list of the features this new operating system comes with for Gionee S6s, Android 7.0
- Split screen has been added.
- Watch YouTube videos in floating screen.
- Google GMS updated.
- Saavn, Truecaller, Facebook and Gionee Xender updated.
- Child mode, moodwallpaper, Gstore and Uc browser updated.
- Added virus detection in video manager.
- Smart eye protection feature added.
- AmiWeather updated with new theme
- Updated Android 7.0 version with Amigo 4.0
- Enjoy common video player for YouTube videos and local videos.
- Discover yourself in Selfiestan.
- Added album and alphabetic search features in music.
- Added location and timestamp in mood photo camera mode.
- Beautified mode can now be used in WhatsApp and messenger.
- Gallery, Clock, Calculator, Notes, Theme park and System manager updated.
How To Upgrade/Update Gionee S6s To Android 7.0 NougatPlease remember if your phone is currently rooted, please make sure you unroot it before you proceed. Also make sure you phone battery is charged at least 70%. Ensure you backup all your files too.
Now follow the steps below to update to Android 7.0 Nougat:
There are different methods this upgrade can be done;
First method: Flash the India Gionee S6s Marshmallow 6.0 ROM, to do this simply check - Step-By-Step Method To Flash Any MediaTek MTK Device Stock ROM,
Just download India 6.0 marshmallow stock ROM update and after successful flash using the step-by-step method to flash link above, you will immediately receive the official Nougat update via Settings>>About phone>>System update and the update is 2GB.
Second method: You can upgrade it directly, this involves downloading the Nougat Update file first, click here to download, then you will now use SP Flash Tool method to install it
Third method: You can upgrade to Nougat on Gionee S6s by using Beta Nougat update which can be downloaded by clicking here (1.8GB) (move the file to your SD card).
Now go to Settings>>About phone>>System update and tap on "Local file upgrade" at the upper right side. Locate the file downloaded earlier and select it to upgrade. A strong Internet connection is needed.
Fourth method: Normal upgrade, which is done by checking for update via Settings>>About phone>>System update and when 7.0 Nougat is available, tap on "download and install", wait for installation to complete, and it will reboot you to your Nougat interface.
The official update not yet available in Nigeria only the Beta version which might have some bugs because is still in developing stage.