This one of the most secure smartphones in the world and you may be thinking that rooting Gionee M6 is impossible, but when talking about the world of mobile technology, nothing is impossible. At last, rooting Gionee M6 and installing TWRP is now possible.
You will like to root your Gionee M6 running on Android version 6.0, probably because you want to explore more, but the Android marshmallow is very stubborn when it comes to rooting, because the popular and easiest apps such as Kingroot, Vroot, Framaroot, Tecnoroot, Rootgenius etc., not working for it. The below tutorial will guide the Tecno Gionee M6 users to Root their Smartphone.
In this Article i will be showing you a step-by-step method on how you can root the Gionee M6 device.
The thing is that rooting of new devices/phones on Android 6.0 OS has been a little difficult for just a mere android applications to do. So because of this other steps has to be taken and those steps, i have compiled in this post.
How To Root Gionee M6 Android DeviceSome steps needs to be followed to root this device, also some required tools needed to be downloaded.
Required Tools For Rooting Tecno W3 Device
- Install VCOM drivers on your PC - Click Here To Download
- SuperSU.Zip for Gionee M6 - Click Here To Download
- PHILZ Recovery.img for Gionee M6 - Click Here To Download
- SP FLASH TOOL - Click Here To Download
- A very good USB Cable
How Can I Flash Using SP Flash Tool? See:- Step-By-Step Method To Flash Any MediaTek MTK Device Stock ROM
Step-By-Step Method To Root Any Gionee M6 Device
- Make sure your Gionee M6 is Charged to at least 50%
- Download the PHILZ Recovery.img for the Gionee M6, if not downloaded, download link is above.
- Save the SuperSU 2.78.zip that you downloaded to your phone's SD card
- Unzip the Philz recovery zip file that you downloaded and flash the recovery image to the phone using SP Flash Tool
- Then Boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button.
- In Philz recovery, you use the Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- Select Install Zip
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU.zip and select it.
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete.
- If you are prompted to fix root, select No
- After a successful flashing go back Reboot the phone normally
After the above steps, your Gionee M6 should now be rooted.
You can also confirm if your device has been rooted by downloading and installing a rooted checker application for yor device. Click Here to Download Root Checker